Microwave Caramel Corn
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 1 bag microwave popcorn, popped
In a large, shallow glass dish microwave butter/margarine on high until melted. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. Microwave on high until mixture boils, (about 3 minutes). Remove from microwave, stir, and return to microwave for an additional 3 - 4 minutes without stirring. Remove from microwave and stir in baking soda and vanilla. Stir in popped corn, mixing well to coat. Microwave at 60% power for about 5 minutes, stirring every 1.5 minutes to coat evenly. Cool completely, break apart and store in a tightly covered container.
Have a happy day!