Monday, October 21, 2013

Primitave Country Lampshade Makeover


The project that I'm sharing with you today is a great way to give a tired lampshade a new look! Better yet, it is soooo simple to do...if you can tear fabric and tie a knot, then you can do this!!

I started out with an old lampshade that I had stenciled an ivy pattern on about 15 years ago. I cut several pieces of jute twine, wrapped it around the shade, and tied knots at the top to secure the twine pieces in place:


Next I tore several pieces of fabric into strips, leaving the strips "fringy-looking" to add to the country charm of the lampshade. I then tied the strips of fabric around the shade, knotting it at the top in the same fashion that I attached the jute twine:


Once I had finished tying all of the strips around the shade, I then attached the shade to a basket that I made several years ago when I was a Longaberger consultant. (Sorry, but I can't remember where I purchased the lamp attachment that clamps onto the basket handle.) I then added some artificial greenery to the basket, and TA-DAH!!, a fun accent lamp to sit on the chest-of-drawers in my guest room!


Thanks for dropping by today! Wishing you a terrific and productive week!

Blessings,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.