Thursday, October 22, 2015

Birthday Pie Box

Good evening!! This has been a busy birthday week for us, with 3 birthdays to celebrate! One of those birthdays was celebrated by our family friend, Ray F., who is the hubby of my pal Megan. Ray's FAVORITE pie is Dutch Apple, so I whipped one up for him. (You can click HERE for my Dutch Apple Pie recipe.)

Once the yummy pie was baked, I needed to wrap it up nice and pretty, so here's what I came up with:

Earlier in the week I went by a local bakery and purchased a cake box:


Since I baked the pie, and Merritt's did not, I didn't want their logo on the box, so I decided to creatively cover the box with scrapbook paper to give the effect of a quilt block:


I even made a coordinating tag:


I then lined the box with white tissue paper and placed the warm pie into the box:


Using some strips of red tulle, I tied a pretty bow and attached the tag:


SO SIMPLE!! I plan to pick up some more cake boxes and decorate them for giving baked Christmas goodies in as well.

Have a WONDERFUL Friday and a FANTASTIC weekend!!

Blessings,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.