Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Chicken Wire Frame Photo Display Board Tutorial

Hi, friends! Today I want to show you a sweet memory board that I made for my friend and hair stylist, Diana M.:


I gave it to her last week when I was at the salon for my hair appointment, and she loved it! Let me show you how I made it, in case you'd like to make one for a friend or family member for Christmas:

I started out with a large frame that I purchased on sale at Hobby Lobby. The frame had some scratches on it, but that was just fine with me because I planned on distressing it anyway!


Here's a photo of the frame after being distressed with sandpaper:


My hubs then stapled chicken wire to the back of the frame while I went to work creating the tags to embellish the frame. I started out with white tags that I soaked in a mixture of coffee, vanilla and cinnamon. After they had thoroughly dried, I stamped the letters F A M I L Y on the tags with chocolate brown ink:


While in "stamping mode", I also used the chocolate brown ink to stamp flourishes and words on the clothespins that will hold the photos and memorabilia to the chicken wire:


Once the tags had dried, I tied them to a piece of jute twine that I attached to the top of the chicken wire on the frame. I then made a bow using some decorative burlap and lace wired ribbon that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I stitched up a simple flower using torn muslin and a button, and then tied the flower to the center of the bow. I then glued it all to the corner of the frame using E6000 glue:


Here's another look at the finished product...I really LOVE how it all came together!!


Thanks for dropping by my blog today! Enjoy the rest of the week...we're halfway to the weekend! :)

Blessings,
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I Love This! What a great gift idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.