Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Monogrammed Frame Message Board...

Good evening! We're half-way to the weekend, friends - WOOHOO!! As I promised you a couple of days ago, here's the message board that I made for my friend/co-worker Christi W.'s birthday:


I think it turned out super cute! Here's how I made it:

I started out with a blue painted frame that I picked up at one of our local craft/antique malls. My sweetie stapled a piece of chicken wire to the back of the frame and added a couple of saw-tooth hangers, too. I found a piece of polka-dot scrapbook paper that coordinated with the color of the frame, which I used to cover a wooden "W" and some clothespins.


Before adhering the paper to the wooden "W" with Mod Podge, I painted the outside edges of the "W" black to give it a finished look. After the "W" had dried, I sanded the edges and then added a coordinating bow and button:


I applied the same paper to wooden clothespins with Mod Podge, sanding the edges after the Mod Podge dried:


I attached the "W" to the corner of the frame with E-6000. Here's another photo of the finished project:


I hope that the rest of your week is terrific! We're supposed to have sunny skies and temps in the 50's, which will be a really nice change from the cold fronts that have settled over Oklahoma during the past few weeks!

Blessings,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.