Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Weekend Fun and the Recipe of the Week: Spicy Tabasco Cheese Spread


Hello! I hope you enjoyed a fun and relaxing Memorial weekend! Our family celebrated the long weekend at the home of my brother-in-law and sister-in-law in Edmond, OK. (Thanks John and Lea Ann for your hospitality - we had a blast! Love you!!)

Here are a few fun photos from Sunday's pool-time festivities:

Up first is my cutie-patootie great nephew, Ian paddling around the pool:


Ian's 'lil sis, Kayle Ann, also had so much fun in the pool...my brother-in-law Don, (known as "Poppa Don" to Kayle and Ian), was close at hand!

My sweet sis-in-law, Sandy, enjoyed kicking back on the lounge chairs to get a little sun:


This is Ian and Kayle Ann's dad and mom...my nephew Ryan and his adorable wife Ashley. Ryan made delicious homemade ice cream for us all...soooooo goooood!!

Here's a quick shot of me with my lovely sister-in-law, Lea Ann hanging out on their AWESOME patio. (Their patio is to DIE FOR!! It has a fully equipped kitchen, complete with granite countertops, a margarita machine, and a large flat screen TV that comes down from a hidden cabinet in the ceiling - all at the push of a button! SUPER COOL!)

Here's my sweetie kicking back on the patio...I LOVE this guy!!


Justin was able to be with us too - YEAH!!! Love spending time with my sweet and handsome son!

My brother-in-law John is an AMAZING cook!! We feasted on his delicious BBQ ribs, potato salad, and baked beans...YUMMMMM!!!

The newest addition to our family, my PRECIOUS great nephew Jack, slept through most of the festivities! Isn't he just SOOOO SWEEEET?!?!?! (His mom and dad, my niece Meg and her hubby J.T., were in Dallas to attend the wedding of a friend, so Jack stayed with his Grammy and Grampy - John and Lea Ann.)  

Now for the Recipe of the Week! I created a Spicy Tabasco Cheese Spread to snack on while the ribs were in the smoker. It's pretty spicy, so if you don't like a lot of heat in your food, you can decrease the amount of Tabasco sauce and red pepper flakes you add to the cheese mixture. Below is my recipe:

Spicy Tabasco Cheese Spread

Ingredients:
  • 8 oz. brick of lite cream cheese, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 5 or 6 shakes of Tabasco sauce
  • Pinch of red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp. paprika
  • 1/2 tsp. minced onion
  • chopped parsley
Method:
In large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except chopped parsley. Beat ingredients together until well combined. Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle chopped parsley on top. Chill for several hours before serving with crackers or veggies. ENJOY!!

NOTE: For a less spicy spread, reduce Tabasco and red pepper flakes. For a hotter spread, increase Tabasco and red pepper flakes.

Wishing you a terrific week!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!
    What a delight to spend the day in family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great day, Marilia! I am so blessed with such a sweet and fun family! :)

      Delete
  2. Love all the pics!! Sounds like a great time with family and lots of good food! I usually don't touch anything spicy...even if it is mild but hubby is a chili head...eats habaneros. I'm proud to say that I'm working my way up the scale and no longer being a wuss about spicy things! LOL! Will have to try some of your spicy recipes now!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW - eating habaneros - that IS a chili head! LOL! We had a super time with our family...they are so much fun to be with...I hit the jackpot when I got them for in-laws! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.