Monday, April 9, 2012

Great Read! "Legend"

Lately I've really been getting into dystopian-type novels. If, like me, you are a fan of the Hunger Games then you'll enjoy reading Legend by Marie Lu.


This young adult novel is based on the two warring nations of North America - the Republic and the Colonies. It is a fast paced, cat-and-mouse story told in alternating chapters from the viewpoints of Day, (a poor kid from the Colonies who is just trying to survive and secretly keep his brothers and mother alive); and June, (born of privilege and striving to follow in her beloved brother's footsteps to become a great soldier for the Republic).

As the story unfolds, June goes undercover in the Colonies to track down Day for for the murder of her older brother and only living relative. As their paths cross and their lives become intertwined, the truth of her brother's murder and the political games surrounding the mystery are revealed, leaving Day and June struggling to survive and do what is right.

I couldn't put this book down because I just had to know what would happen to Day and June, and if they would be able to overcome their differences and trust each other for the greater good. I hope that you enjoy this book as much as I did, and I hope that the author, Marie Lu, will write a sequel to Legend!

Wishing you a terrific day!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.