Friday, June 17, 2011

Recipe of the Week..."Crockpot Swedish Meatballs"


YUMMMM!! This is one of my favorite meals!! When paired with a salad and dinner rolls is makes an easy meal to serve on any day of the week, but is also nice enough to serve when you have guests! Here's how to make it:

Ingredients:
  • 2/3 of a 28 oz bag of frozen meatballs
  • 4 oz. can of sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 1 package dry onion soup mix
  • 8 oz. lite sour cream
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 10.5 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • fresh ground pepper to taste
  • 6 oz. dry egg noodles
Method:
Place frozen meatballs in crockpot. In medium mixing bowl whisk together sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, milk, nutmeg, pepper and dry onion soup mix. Stir in drained, sliced mushrooms. Pour mixture over meatballs in crockpot and gently stir to coat meatballs. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours. Before serving, prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Place cooked noodles on a large platter and ladle meatball and gravy mixture over noodles.

Yield: Approximately 6 servings.

Have a wonderful weekend!!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Looks yummo! Speaking of meatballs I just tried making my own (Italian style) for the first time this week. I was surprised how easy they were to make! Wish I liked hamburger more but these will be mainly for the guys. I did take a little taste and they were pretty good...I just have a hard time with the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUUUUUMMMMMMMMM!! This looks like a recipe I am going to have to try! My family will love it!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this recipe and we LOVE it! All of the recipes that I have made from you have been really good and I look forward to seeing many many more!! Thanks for the easy and fantastic tasting dinners!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your recipe and made them today, but used homemade meatballs that I baked for 20 minutes @ 375* first. They were fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Alyssa!! So glad that you enjoyed the Swedish meatballs...it is one of my family's favorite "go-to" meals! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.