Sunday, October 31, 2010

Digi-Design Card Challenge

Well, it's Sunday evening and I'm gearing up for another work week. I was fortunate enough to take a couple of vacation days last Thursday & Friday, so I've enjoyed a 4-day weekend!

I decided to try my hand at using a digi-design to create a card this afternoon. I discovered on my blogger friend, Stacie's site,  that there's a challenge going on over at Glitterbabe's, so I downloaded some of their free digi-art to give it a try.  I printed 3 flowers and sponged ink over each of the images. I then cut the flowers out, adding bling to the top flower, and then layered the flowers using 3-D dots to add extra dimension. The leaves are cut out free-hand and sponged with ink. The vines are skinny strips of cardstock that I wrapped tightly around a toothpick and then slid off, attaching with Gluedots under the edge of the flower. The background paper is from the CTMH "Bella" collection. I used black cardstock and a Martha Stewart border punch to create the edge, and then attached a strip of black polka dot organza ribbon to the bottom. Here's the card I created using their free flower design...the rules of the challenge were that I had to use one of their designs and something sparkly on the project, so I added bling to my flower image:


The vines on my flower got a little squished in the scanner - oops! Anyway, if you'd like to check out the freebies on Glitterbabe's blog, click HERE...cute stuff!

Thanks for looking and have a TERRIFIC week!!!

Blessings,
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. becky, becky, becky! this is absolutely gorgeous! GOR-G-US!!! thank you soooooooo much for joining us at glitterbabe's challenge!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is sooooooo awesome!! Such a neat idea for the vines and the bling is perfect! Very happy to see you join in a challenge over at Glitterbabe's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh, Becky!!! this is so pretty, soft and sweet card! love it!
    Thank you for playing with us at Glitterbabe´s Challenge, hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.