Thursday, October 21, 2010

Recipe of the Week...A "Two-fer!": Mexi-Corn Dip and Mexi-Corn Soup


My friend, Carolyn Hodges, shared this recipe with me 10 years ago when we both worked in the office at Arrowhead Elementary. (Thanks, Carolyn!) It's a delicious dish to share with a crowd since it makes about 4 cups of dip! I like to serve it with "Toppers" crackers, but it can be served with tortilla chips too. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 pound of Velveeta, cubed
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 can Mexi-Corn, drained
  • 8 oz. light sour cream
  • 3/4 cup light mayo
  • Toppers crackers
Method:
Combine chopped onion, milk and cheeses in sauce pan and melt cheeses over low heat, stirring continually. In large bowl, combine the other ingredients. Add melted cheese and onion mixture and stir until completely blended. Set in refrigerator overnight before serving with Toppers crackers. YUM!

I served this to the ladies at my scrapbooking workshop last Saturday and they loved it! I had some leftover though, so I decided to use it to create a "Mexi-Corn" soup, which I served for dinner on Monday night...and the guys loved it! Here's a photo and the recipe:


Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups Mexi-Corn dip
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
  • 1 can Rotel
  • 1 can corn
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Method:
Add all ingredients to a crockpot and stir to combine. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours. Serve with tortilla chips if desired. DELICIOUS!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.