Monday, May 9, 2011

Recipe of the Week..."Miraculous Moisturizing Foot Cream"


Just in time for sandal season here's the recipe given to me by my friend Sherri L. for "Miraculous Moisturizing Foot Cream". This formula works absolute wonders on not only dry, cracked feet but also hands, elbows, knees, etc. and it's very easy to make!!

Ingredients:
  • 13 oz. jar of petroleum jelly
  • 8 oz. jar of vitamin E skin cream
  • 15 oz. bottle of baby lotion
Method
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric hand mixer on medium speed, beat ingredients until well blended and creamy. Spoon moisturizing cream into a large zip-loc bag and seal the top. Line up jars, (I bought mine at Hobby Lobby), and pipe moisturizing cream into jars by cutting a hole in one corner of the zip-loc bag and squeezing mixture into the jars. Gently tap base of jars on countertop to "settle" the contents. Close jars and decorate as desired.

The photo shown at the top of this post is the jar I gave to my mom with her Mother's Day gifts. Here's a picture of the top of that jar where I attached a ribbon flower to make it look pretty:


Click HERE for the tutorial on how to create ribbon flowers.

Next is a photo of one of the jars that I decorated and filled with moisturizing cream to add to the gift baskets that I made for the other secretaries in my department for Secretary's Day:



I apply the cream to my feet twice a day...once in the evening and then again in the morning. For really dry feet you can apply a heavier layer of moisturizing cream at night and then cover your tootsies with socks for more absorption.

Have a wonderful day!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This is fab, Becky! Thanks so much for sharing. BTW - it's been a bit since I've been to your actual blog and the new background design looks awesome - love it! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. :) Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea and they look gorgeous! I know what all the ladies in my family will be getting as gifts at some point in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had been waiting for this to come across in my e-mail but I somehow missed it! I had kept the e-mail where the post came through about the baskets so I went looking for this recipe on your blog! Glad I came to the actual blog and finally looked around. I plan on making this for all my sisters, my mom and step-mom for Christmas this year! Love it and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.