Monday, August 13, 2012

Recipe of the Week...Buttermilk Ranch Cornbread



Happy Monday, friends! My summer break is officially over, and I head back to work today. I've enjoyed my summer, and have had the opportunity to get lots of "odds-n-ends" projects completed at home...you know - those chores that get put off until we have more time! Well, I had time this summer to tackle these projects and I now have clean/organized closets, drawers, etc. - ha! ha! I'm looking forward to seeing the kiddos again...school starts for them next week. It's gonna be a great school year!

Now for this week's recipe! Last week I shared a recipe with you where I used a little dry ranch dressing mix to flavor a cheesy bacon and tomato pie. This week's recipe uses more dry ranch dressing mix to create a delicious batch of cornbread! Here's how it's done:

Ingredients:
  •  1 stick margarine, melted
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 2 Tbsp. dry ranch dressing mix
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup cornmeal
Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9" x 11" baking dish and set aside. Place margarine in a large, glass mixing bowl and heat in microwave until melted. Stir in sugar, buttermilk and beaten eggs. Gradually fold in dry ingredients. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and place in oven. Bake for approximately 30 - 35 minutes, or until a pretty, golden brown. Enjoy!
Wishing you a terrific week!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You lucky duck...we have been back to school for two weeks already! I hardly got anything marked off my summer list....guess there is always next school break! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You took several cool trips, though, so I'd say you had a successful summer break! ;)

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.