Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Recipe of the Week: Made-From-Scratch Yeast Rolls



Recently I came across a recipe on Pinterest for 30 minute rolls, so I decided to give them a try. They were okay, but didn't rise as much as I thought they should have and they were heavier than I like for a hot roll. This led me to try again and tweak the recipe to see if I could make these rolls lighter and fluffier. Much to the delight of my hubby, my second attempt was a success! Here's my version:

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. warm water
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 package dry yeast
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 egg
  • 4 cups all purpose flour, plus a little additional flour for rolling dough into balls
  • 2 Tbsp. melted butter
Method:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Turn off oven once it has reached this temperature. While oven is heating, combine the first 4 ingredients in a Kitchen-Aid mixer and allow to rest for about 15 minutes. Using the dough hook attachment, add the next 3 ingredients. Spoon a little flour into a separate bowl. Dust your hands with the flour and then proceed to make 12 dough balls. (The dough is sticky, so dusting your hands with flour will help keep the dough from sticking to them.) Place the dough balls into a 9" x 13" buttered pan. Cover pan with a clean tea-towel and place in warm oven for approximately an hour, or until rolls have doubled in size. Remove pan from oven and heat oven to 350 degrees. While oven is heating up, melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a shallow dish. Using kitchen shears, snip an "X" in the top of each roll and pour melted butter over them. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the tops of the rolls are a nice, golden brown. Serve hot with butter...mmmmmm... soooo good!!!

Fall break starts tomorrow, and I am SUPER excited to be off work for a few days! I've got several projects lined out to tackle...so stay tuned for the fun posts that you'll be seeing over the next few weeks!

Have a TERRIFIC day, friends!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.