Monday, November 24, 2014

Simple Snowman Pillar Candle Tutorial

Good morning! I hope that you all had a nice weekend! We had a bit of excitement here...Justin harvested a nice 8-point buck on Saturday:


He's had a pretty awesome hunting season so far...within the last month he's bagged a large bull elk and a whitetail buck...not too shabby!

This coming weekend I'll start decorating our home for Christmas, so I thought I'd show you a quick craft project that I whipped up to go along with some of my snowman decorations:


These snowman pillar candles are soooo easy and quick to make! They are really cute and inexpensive gifts to give to your child's teachers, neighbors, friends, etc. Here's how I made them:

Supplies:

  • 3" white pillar candle
  • Aleen's Quick Dry Tacky Glue
  • Thumb tacks
  • Black spray paint
  • Scissors
  • Miniature loaves of plastic french bread (I found these in the doll house furnishing department at Hobby Lobby)
  • Torn strips of plaid cotton fabric


Begin by spray painting the silver thumb tacks black. I stuck the tacks into the top part of a cardboard egg carton to hold them in place while applying the spray paint:


Allow the thumb tacks to thoroughly dry. Tie a piece of the torn fabric to the bottom of the pillar candle to create a scarf:


Once the tacks have dried, stick them into the candle to create the "coal" eyes and mouth of your snowman:


Since I couldn't find any miniature carrots to use for my snowman's nose, I decided to use tiny little plastic loaves of french bread that I found in the dollhouse making section at Hobby Lobby. The back sides of these little loaves are flat, and they are kind of an orange-y color, so they worked well as the noses. Add a little Aleen's Quick Dry Tacky Glue to one end and attach to the face of the snowman:



Set aside to allow the nose to completely dry/adhere to the candle. That's it...super easy and inexpensive gifts made quickly! Place your candles in cello bags with a little white crinkle paper in the bottom and tie up with a pretty bow and tag before giving to your favorite folks! Here's another pic of my finished candles:


Thanks so much for dropping by my blog today!! Have a WONDERFUL week!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.