Monday, September 21, 2015

Recipe of the Week: Amazing Coconut Pie

Good morning, friends! I had a busy weekend...along with my normal house-hold/laundry chores, I managed to also make a batch of apple butter, finished 2 craft projects that I started last weekend, (tutorials forthcoming on those projects!), made my sweetie a chocolate pie and then tried a new recipe that my sis-in-law Sandy shared with me, which is the recipe that I am sharing with you today!

I LOVE coconut cream pie, so Sandy was telling me about a recipe that she found on the back of a bag of Baker's Coconut for "Amazing Coconut Pie". Anyhoo, I decided to try it out yesterday and although this pie has more of a custard taste and texture, versus the typical creamy texture of a coconut cream pie, it turned out pretty good!


I think that a little more coconut flavor would make this super simple pie even better, so I am going to try using 1 cup of coconut milk and 1 cup of milk vs. 2 cups of milk the next time that I make this. I may even add a little more vanilla that the recipe calls for as well. (I'll let you know the results of my version/recipe change in a future post.) If you'd like to make one of these easy pies, here's the recipe...and if you try using coconut milk before I get a chance to try that addition, let me know how it turns out...

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup Bisquick
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) of butter or margarine
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 1/3 cups flake coconut
METHOD:

Place milk, sugar, Bisquick, eggs butter and vanilla in blender container, cover and blend on low speed for 3 minutes. Pour mixture into a greased 9" pie plate and sprinkle top with coconut.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until center of pie is set and top is golden brown. Serve warm or cool on wire rack before serving. Store leftover pie in the refrigerator.

Thanks for dropping by today! Be sure to check back in a couple of days to see the latest craft project/tutorial that I've been working on! :)

Have a WONDERFUL week!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.