Sunday, November 21, 2010

Scrapbook Page of the Week..."Joy Forever"

Our computer crashed last week so I haven't been able to post for a few days. We borrowed a laptop just to check our email while we were without a home computer, so I'm happy to announce that we purchased a new computer today!! WOO HOO!!
Now, on to fun things! This week's scrapbook page of the week uses a photo of my grandparents on their 50th wedding anniversary. (This is the photo a I posted a while back as one of my all-time favorites!) They're both gone now, and I really miss them!


I started out with a piece of black CTMH cardstock as the base. I cut a strip of Desert Sand cardstock 4" wide x 12" long and random stamped leaves and swirls on it. I adhered this strip of cardstock to the left side of the black background cardstock.

I then cut a piece of double-sided scrapbook paper which measured 8" wide x 10" long. I folded down the corner of the top right edge of the paper and attached a gold fleur de leis brad. I adhered the paper to the black cardstock, butting the edge against the random stamped cardstock strip on the left side of the page.

Using Glue Dots, I attached a piece of 3/4" wide stitched grosgrain ribbon over the right edge of the random stamped piece of cardstock, folded the edges under the black cardstock and secured with an additional Glue Dot on each end.

I matted the 4" x 6" photo with a piece of 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" piece of cardstock, and then matted that with another piece of cardstock that measured 5" x 7". I then adhered the photo, as shown above, to the page, slightly off center. I then attached 4 gold brads to the ribbon, two on either side of the matted photo.

Using the CTMH "Joy Forever" stamp set, I stamped 6 flowers, 5 leaves, and one sentiment. I cut out all of the elements and then used 3-dimensional dots to add depth to the sentiment and also to the flowers that I layered. I added a little bling to the flowers by applying a sparkle to the center of each one.


Happy  Scrappin'!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful page! They look so darn happy in that picture!!

    Yay! Glad you got a new computer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.