Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Recipe of the Week...Decadent Ice Cream Dessert

Several years ago my friend Katy shared this recipe with me and it's become a family favorite! It's incredibly simple and delicious and is a dessert that's sure to please!!

Ingredients:
  • 18 ice cream sandwiches
  • 2 cups cold whipping cream
  • 1 1/2 cups crushed "Whoppers" malted milk balls candy (I use my food processor to quickly crush them up)
  • 2 Tablespoons sugar
  • Caramel sauce
  • Maraschino cherries
  • Chopped pecans
Method:
Unwrap ice cream sandwiches and place them in the bottom of an 11" x 16" baking pan and set aside. Pour cold whipping cream into a mixing bowl and beat on high, gradually adding 2 Tablespoons of sugar. Beat until texture has become thick and creamy. Fold in crushed Whoppers malted milk balls. Spread mixture over ice cream sandwiches and freeze. Before serving, cut into squares, drizzle with caramel sauce, add cherry and sprinkle pecans on top. Soooooo good!!!! Yield: About 24 servings.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! The layout of your blog is really nice. I loved it. Also the ice cream looks yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will surely try this out.

    Take the Ice Cream Personality Test and find out what ice cream flavor are you as per your personality. I have taken the test and have enjoyed a lot. Hope you too will enjoy it. Have Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This looks absolutely yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.