Monday, November 19, 2012

Recipe of the Week: Robbi's Cranapple Granola Bread




Good morning, friends! I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving this Thursday, aren't you? Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! It's such a nice day to relax and enjoy time with family; reflecting on the many blessings that God has bestowed upon us during the past year.

The recipe that I am sharing with you this week comes from my good friend Robbi R., who is BY FAR the BEST cook that I know!! She makes amazing, melt-in-your-mouth, fall-off-the-bone ribs; as well as scrumptious pies and desserts! On top of being a terrific cook, she is a pre-school director and one of the sweetest gals you'll ever meet...I am very fortunate to have her as a friend!

Robbi's Cranapple Granola Bread

Ingredients:
  • 2 tsp. yeast
  • 2/3 cup apple juice (warmed)
  • 2/3 cup applesauce (warmed)
  • 3 Tbsp. honey
  • 3 Tbsp. melted butter
  • 1/2 cup granola
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 cups white flour
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Method:
Stir together warmed juice and applesauce with honey and yeast. Let stand for about 30 minutes, or until big and bubbly. Add the butter, granola, cinnamon, salt and white flour. Flour a flat surface. Work in the cranberries and whole wheat flour. Knead until just pulling away from the counter, but still slightly sticky. (I add the cranberries and wheat flour while still in my mixer, using my dough hook.) Place in a greased bowl and make sure the whole surface is coated. Cover with a dish towel and allow to rise until doubled in size. Punch dough down and place in a greased 9" x 5" loaf pan. Allow to rise until dough has topped the edge of the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 - 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Yields one 2 pound loaf.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! I love eating this bread warm with butter and a cup of coffee on the side.

Wishing you a blessed week,                

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.