Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Love Shadow Box



Last Saturday night my hubby and I attended the wedding of my best bud Jamie's eldest son, Trevor. Below is a photo of the shadow box that I made for Trevor and his bride Chelsea, which incorporates the wedding invitation and their engagement photo:


It was a country-themed wedding and the colors were red, black and white. The groom and his groomsmen all wore red button down shirts, jeans and cowboy boots, so I incorported a piece of torn denim into the shadow box to go with their theme. I also layered a piece of frayed burlap and a couple of tea-dyed doilies to give it all a wonderfully antiqued look. I'm quite pleased at how it turned out, and I hope that Trevor and Chelsea love it too!

Here's a close-up photo of the twine heart decorative element that I created and added...I really love the texture and layers that it adds to this fun piece!


Thanks for letting me share my project with you! Have a TERRIFIC day!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This is really fabulous Becky! I am sure they will treasure this forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy! I had so much fun making it for them too! :)

      Delete
  2. Be ky, I really love this and all the cool details in the layers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Romaine! It was fun figuring out all the layers and how to incorporate it all to make a signature piece just for Trevor and Chelsea. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.