Monday, June 17, 2013

Girl's Night Out and Americana Artwork


Last week I enjoyed a girl's night out with my pal Jamie and her daughter Kennedie. We had dinner at Mi Cocina, a nice Mexican restaurant in the Cherry Street district of Tulsa, and then attended a painting class at Pinot's Palette where the instructor taught us how to paint an antiqued/rustic American flag canvas. (You can check out the Pinot's Palette website HERE.) Oh! Jamie and I tried a new kind of wine while we were there, Cupcake Moscato, which was sooooo delicious! I am not a big drinker, and have never cared much for wine, but I LOVED this one! We had a TERRIFIC time, and plan on making this a regular activity!!

Here are a few photos from our fun evening...first is a pic of Jamie and me before we started painting:


The next two photos are of us, and the other folks in the class, working on our paintings...




TADAH!! Here is a photo of Jamie, me and Kennedie with our completed canvases:


Here's a close-up shot of my painting...but I decided that it needed a little something more...


...so I added buttons, stitch marks, outlining and the Pledge of Allegiance to it! I am really pleased at how it turned out, and I think that I may get a barn wood frame to put it in to hang in my office at work. (Note: It was hard to get a good, clear photograph without a glare...you can click on the photo and zoom in to see the detail work that I added, if you like.)


Thanks for dropping by today to see my artwork! Have a WONDERFUL week!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I really like that you added to it and made it your own. It turned out fantastic and will be a great addition to your new office!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.