Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Recipe of the Week: Banana Rum Brownies



Last week I attended a meeting where everyone was asked to bring a dessert to share, so I decided to try out a new recipe from one of my favorite recipe books:


This has become one of my "go-to" cookbooks for never-fail recipes! I purchased it a few years ago, after I browsed through a copy that belonged to a co-worker. Anyhoo...I decided to try out the Banana Run Brownie recipe and it turned out great!


Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 1 box, (about 21 oz.), brownie mix
  • 1/4 cup milk, (chocolate milk can be used!)
  • 1 Tablespoon rum extract
  • 2 or 3 bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Method:
In a large bowl prepare brownie mix as directed on package. Heat milk and rum extract in a medium sauce pan, gradually stirring in mashed bananas. Pour warm banana mixture into brownie mix and stir. Spread brownies in a lightly greased 9" square pan. (I used a 9" x 11" pan.) Bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired, and cut into bars. Really, really good served with a cold glass of milk! :)

Have a great day!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.