Monday, December 16, 2013

Altered Window Frame Card Showcase

Hi, friends! Can you believe that there are only 9 more days until Christmas??? Where has the month gone? I have been working on the final touches on the gifts that I've been making...more to come on those in the next few days!

Today I'd like to share with you a fun holiday project that I made for my best bud Jamie. Her hubby works for a window company, so when he finds neat, old windows that he thinks I can use for a project, he nabs them for me! Recently he found 2 old windows that had been painted green, and I immediately knew that I could do something Christmas-related with them!

For starters, my sweetie removed the glass from the window panes. (It was stuck in there pretty good, so he had to muscle the glass out!) Next, using a staple gun, he attached chicken wire to the back of the window. Then the fun started for me!

Last fall I found several rolls of GORGEOUS red organza wired ribbon in the clearance bin at Hobby Lobby. You'll never guess how much I paid for them?? $.79 per roll - yup, you read that right...only $.79 per roll! I scooped up all they had because I love beautiful ribbon on packages and crafty projects! (I am kind of a ribbon junkie...I should probably find a 12-step program for my ribbon addiction - lol!)

Anyhoo...I used the ribbon to tie red and white berry stems to the wooden cross bars of the window, as you see in this photo:



I purchased a package of wooden clothespins for $1.00 at my local Dollar Tree, and painted 20 of them with barn red acrylic paint. I attached a glittery snowflake to each clothespin using a dot of Tacky Glue. Once the glue had dried, I clipped the clothespins to the chicken wire to hold the Christmas cards:


Oh! Just for reference, here's a photo of the bag of snowflakes that I bought at Hobby Lobby. They were located in the Christmas craft section and were half-price, so I only paid $1.00 for each bag of 15. (I bought 2 bags - which gave me a total of 30 snowflakes.)


Lastly, at the top of the window frame I added the phrase "Seasons Greetings" using black alphabet stickers. I then glued snowflakes to the top and the bottom of the frame:


Now, for a photo of the finished project...I just LOVE how it turned out and I can hardly wait to give it to Jamie tomorrow!!


Thanks for dropping by today! Enjoy the rest of the week!

Blessings,
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Always love checking out your blog to see what new and amazing projects you come up with!! Thank you so much Ms. Becky!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.