Monday, December 23, 2013

An Ice Storm; A Simple Gift Idea; and Festive Gift Wrap...


Hi, friends! The weekend brought an ice storm to a large part of NE Oklahoma, so the hubs and I just enjoyed a couple of quiet days at home! Here are a few icy pics from my yard that I thought I'd share with you:




BRRR!!! Thankfully we didn't lose power - several areas of Tulsa and the surrounding area lost electricity due to the ice buildup on the trees falling onto the power lines and causing them to snap.

Can you believe that Christmas Eve is tomorrow?? If you are still in need of a simple and useful gift for the gals in your life, then consider giving them a purchased fleece headband that you've added a hand stitched felt flower to, like the ones shown here that I gave to 3 of my friends at work:


I purchased 3 black, fleece headbands and then simply stitched up some simple flowers from felt. I added a cute button to the center of each flower, and then stitched the flower to the front of the headband. So cute and easy too! These come together in a matter of minutes, and would make FANTASTIC stocking stuffers!

I love wrapping packages...presentation is everything! I wrapped up the fleece headbands in simple, red bags that I'd added a paper doily, a candy cane, and white satin ribbon to:


Thanks for dropping by today! Be safe tomorrow if you are out and about doing some last minute Christmas shopping!

Blessings,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.