Monday, January 6, 2014

Two-Sided Necklaces


Happy Monday, friends! I wanted to share with you a couple of photos of the necklaces that I made for a few of my co-workers for Christmas. Even though these pendants are a bit time consuming, they are really easy to make! The reason that they take several days to complete is due to the drying time of the Mod Podge Dimensional Magic which creates the shiny, acrylic effect on the pendant tops:


Click HERE for the link to the post where I shared the basic instructions to make these pretties.

You'll begin by purchasing metal washers from your local hardware store. Using various scrapbook papers and embellishments, adhere the elements to one side of the washers using Mod Podge Dimensional Magic. (I didn't cut out the center holes of the washers for these pendants, as I wanted them to be solid.) Continue to add additional layers of Mod Podge Dimensional Magic to the embellished washers, allowing each layer to thoroughly dry between each coat. Once you've reached the desired look you're going for, allow to thoroughly dry then flip the washer over and repeat the process using different papers/embellishments. (TIP: I cover a piece of cardboard with aluminum foil to work off of. The washers won't stick to the surface of the foil if some of the Mod Podge Dimensional Magic gets on it.)

To finish your necklaces, add a bale then run a satin cord through the bale to create the necklace. You can tie the cords in the back to slip over your head, or, if you prefer, you can attach jewelry hardware as I did. Here are the fronts of the necklaces that I made:


And here are the reverse sides of those necklaces:



Stay tuned for another jewelry project that I'll be sharing with you in the next few days...I'll use a large scrapbooking brad to create a 2-sided pendant!

Blessings,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.