Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Upcycled Old Window to Shabby Chic Message Board...



Hi, friends! Today I want to share with you some pics of an old window frame that I transformed into a message/photo display board. My co-worker, Jenny M., asked me to create a shabby-chic version of the Christmas card display board that I recently made. (You can click HERE to see that post.) Jenny knits beautiful scarves, so she offered to knit a scarf for me if I would make her a message board...needless to say I was happy to make one for her!

My sweet hubby removed the glass from the window panes and then stapled chicken wire to the backside of the old window frame. (The window frame was already painted a lovely shade of sage green, so I just left it as is...chipped and all...to add to the rustic look that I love so much!) I wrapped burlap and lace around one side of the frame, and created burlap and button roses as accents:



These burlap roses are SUPER EASY to make! You simply take a length of burlap ribbon, twist and roll it until you form a rose shape. I then used a generous amount of Tacky Glue on the backside of the roses to hold them in place on the window frame. A button can be added to the center of each flower, if desired.

I picked up a wooden letter "M" at Hobby Lobby and spray painted it, along with 16 wooden clothes pins, with a flat white paint. After the paint dried, I tied 16 jute bows and glued them to the clothes pins with Tacky Glue. (The "M" is also glued to the top of the window frame with Tacky Glue.)

For a final touch, I added some neutral colored berry sprays that I picked up from the floral department at Hobby Lobby. I thought they added a nice touch to the burlap and lace texture.

Here's a quick photo of the beautiful scarf that Jenny knitted for me...it is soooooo soft and warm!!


Thanks for taking time to stop by my blog today! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Blessings,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.