Monday, March 3, 2014

A Cross-Stitch Project Framed on a Mini Scroll...


Hi, friends! Old Man Winter re-visited us over the weekend, leaving behind snow and icy roads. It was a little bizarre to have thunder and lightening while listening to the sleet pelt the windows of our home...but that is exactly what took place here on Sunday afternoon. Area schools, (including mine!), closed today due to the icy side streets and parking lots, so my little dog Tony and I are enjoying some extra "snuggle time". Here's a photo of my little guy all curled up in a quilt...he LOVES quilts!! :)


The cold weather always makes me crave soup and homemade bread, so for supper tonight I'll be making beer bread and loaded baked potato soup. If this sounds like something you'd like to fix for supper tonight too, you can click HERE for my beer bread recipe, and HERE for my loaded baked potato soup recipe. :)

Since I'm spending most of my day in the kitchen today, I thought I'd share a cute cross-stitched project with you that I made some time ago:


The unique thing about this project is how it's framed/displayed, which is on a small, wooden scroll:



I found these scrolls in a cross-stitch shop, stained them, and then attached the cross-stitched piece to the scroll by folding and stitching the piece as shown in this photo:


The completed project makes a cute shelf-sitter accent in my craft room!

Thanks for dropping by...if you live in an area that has been covered in ice and snow as well, please stay warm and be safe if you have to get out and about today!

Blessings,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.