Friday, March 21, 2014

Sharing My Love of Crafting with a Child...

Happy Friday, Friends!! My spring break is winding down, but I've enjoyed a week of nice, sunny weather and have been able to work on a few projects around the house. I cleaned out my linen closet and pantry, wiped down all of the shelves, and then re-organized them. To many, that probably sounds like a pretty boring thing to do, but I actually enjoy organizing stuff - lol!

Yesterday I invited my favorite young, crafty friend Heather F. over to spend some time crafting with me. (Heather is in the 3rd grade, and such a cutie!) We started the morning off by eating some blueberry muffins that I baked...yummy! I then taught Heather how to turn an artist's canvas into a display frame for her favorite photo or artwork. (See my canvas post/tutorial HERE on how to make one.)

Check out the fun photos of Heather working on her project, starting off with one of her painting a canvas her favorite color, blue:


While the paint was drying, I showed her how to stitch up some simple little flowers from strips of scrap fabric and buttons:


Here's how a couple of the flowers turned out...pretty cute, eh??


Heather then painted some pink and yellow polka-dots on her canvas. Once all of the paint had dried, we added the clips at the top and the stitched flowers at the bottom...here she is with her finished masterpiece:


I LOVE how cute it turned out...it kinda reminds me of a Mary Engelbreit piece! (Notice the fun little painted flowers that Heather added in the lower right corner of the canvas?? She's so creative!!) We had such a fun time together, and decided that we'd have a weekly craft day while we're on summer break so that I can teach her how to make more fun projects! :)

Before I close, in celebration of yesterday being the first day of spring - WOOHOO!!, I thought I'd show you a photo of a few of the beautiful daffodils that are coming up in my front flower bed...so pretty!!


Thanks for dropping by today to check out my blog! Wishing you a FANTASTIC weekend!!

Blessings,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.