Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Little Fabric Birdies...

Hi, friends! Today my pals Jamie M. and Megan F. are flying to New York City with their daughters Kennedie M. and Hailee F. to enjoy a fun spring break get-away. Kennedie and Hailee will be graduating from high school in May, so they have been looking forward to this trip for several months now! With all of that being said, my pal Jamie is soooo afraid of flying. Although Megan and I have told her not to worry, she has been very anxious about the flight for the past few weeks. I decided to make her a little fabric bird to hold while she flies to hopefully help ease her nerves:


I used two different fabric patterns for Jamie's little bird; a tiny green gingham and a coordinating floral print. I added a couple of buttons for the eyes and then tied a pretty yellow polka-dot bow around the bird's neck. I think that it turned out pretty cute, and Jamie loved it when I gave it to her last week! If you would like to make one of these cuties too, you can click HERE to get the free printable pattern at Lavender's Blue Designs website. (Be sure and check out all of the other FANTASTIC free patterns and crafty ideas while your there!)

While looking for a pattern to make Jamie's bird, I came across another little bird design, so I decided to make this sweet little bird for my 3rd grade friend, Heather F. I am going to give to her when she meets her next Accelerated Reader (AR) goal at school. (Heather is the youngest daughter of my friend Megan F., who is in NYC with her oldest daughter Hailee this week.) Heather has been working really hard on her reading goals, so I told her that I would make her something special!   


I used a polka-dot print piece of felt and a bright pink piece of felt to make this little roly-poly bird. I hand-stitched it all together with lime green embroidery floss and a blanket stitch. The eyes are simply French knots made with black embroidery floss and the beak was stitched with orange embroidery floss. This little bird came together really quickly...I whipped it up while watching TV with Mike one evening! The free, printable pattern for this little felt bird can be found by clicking HERE.

Thanks for dropping by today! Have a SUPER week, and if you are on spring break like me, take time to relax and do something that you love to do! If you've got kiddos at home, do something fun with them...paint a picture, read a chapter book together, bake some cookies, make a simple clay bowl, visit a museum, weave a pot holder, plant some seeds for a flower garden...the list of fun and inexpensive projects are endless!!

Blessings,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.