Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day Tribute...





In honor of Memorial Day, I thought I'd share these photos with you of some of the members of my family that have served our country proudly in the armed services:






My great-grandfather, Bernie Franklin, who served during WWI:



My husband's grandfather, Henry Matthews, who also served during WWI:




My grandfather, Ted Franklin, Sr., who served during WWII and retired as a Master Sargeant from the USAF after 22 years of service:



My father-in-law, Logan Brown, who answered the call to duty when drafted into the Army in the early 1950's:




It is the VETERAN, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.
It is the VETERAN, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of press.
It is the VETERAN, not the poet ,who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer, that has given us freedom to assemble.
It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer, who has given us the freedom to a fair trial.
It is the VETERAN, not the politician, who has given us the right to vote.

GOD BLESS OUR SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN, AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.