Monday, May 3, 2010

Recipe of the Week...Strawberry Brownie Torte

Happy Monday! I hosted a scrapbooking workshop at my house this past Saturday, (in honor of National Scrapbooking Month!), and made this SCRUMPTIOUS dessert for the ladies that attended! It was really easy to make, looked so pretty on my crystal cake plate, and was YUMM-O!  Here's the recipe for Strawberry Brownie Torte:




Ingredients:
  • 1 package brownie mix with walnuts
  • 8 oz. package of light cream cheese, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1 Tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
  • 1 cup sliced strawberries
Method:

Spray 9" spring form pan with cooking spray. Prepare brownie mix as directed on package and pour into spring form pan. Bake as brownie as directed.  While brownie is baking, beat cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla together with an electric mixer. When brownie is done, remove from oven and pour cream cheese mixture over warm brownie. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool down for about 20 minutes. Remove torte from spring form pan and place on wire rack to completely cool. When cooled, move torte to decorative cake plate. Melt Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips in microwave, stirring often and being careful not to burn the chocolate. With a spoon, drizzle melted chocolate over cream cheese topping of brownie. Cover the top with fresh, sliced strawberries. Slice and serve...DELICIOUS!

I had some strawberries and melted chocolate left over, and I had some almond bark in the freezer, so I decided to whip up these chocolate covered strawberries for the gals at my workshop as well...didn't they turn out pretty?  (Nope, the strawberries I used for these desserts didn't come out of my little garden...I'm still waiting on those!)



I hope you enjoy these desserts...they are a great way to use the wonderful, fresh strawberries that are available this time of year. Have a blessed week!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.