Wednesday, July 7, 2010

NEW FEATURE: Scrapbook Page of the Week...

I've decided to add a new weekly feature to Scrappin' Becky B., which is the "Scrapbook Page of the Week". I've been an avid scrapbooker for about 15 years now, and one of the things that I love so much about this hobby is that I've always got a project to work on! The page that I'm sharing with you this week is one that I created as a tribute to my Granddaddy Franklin. He was an AMAZING man and a huge influence on my life! He was a survivor of the Great Depression, a WWII veteran, a devout Christian, as well as a kind and loving family man! He loved to be outside and to grow things...the photo featured on this scrapbook page is one of him proudly standing by a sunflower he'd grown from a seed. I was so fortunate to grow up living next door to him and getting to see him everyday. He battled Alzheimer's in his latter years and passed away in 2005.
The quote I featured on the journaling tag, by Marcel Proust, was so fitting to the kind of man my granddaddy was:

Let us be grateful to the
people that make us happy.
They are the charming
gardners who make our
souls blossom.

All products used on the page are CTMH except for the following items:
  • The chipboard letters that spell "granddad"...I already had those on hand, so I just random stamped on them with the CTMH "Abundance Borders" stamp set. The torn/distressed heart has also been decorated with random stamping using the same stamp set
  • The button
  • The sunflower and leaf punches
The CTMH paper I used is from the "It's a Guy Thing" paper pack. I also used the CTMH "Simple Stitches" stamp set....it's one of my all time favorite stamps. I just LOVE the detail that it adds to paper craft projects!

Wishing you a day full of blessings!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Becky this layout is fab! Love that quote-so fitting. What a wonderful page to remember in an album.
    Thanks for your visit at my blog and love that you grabbed my blinkie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.