Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Paper Bag Card

Hi! While browsing some of my favorite blogs last night, I stumbled across a new card project on Aaron Brown's site. (Be sure to check out her blog...she is SUPER creative!!) She used a paper bag to create a fun and unique card and created a 2-part video tutorial to teach us how to make one too. Here are the links to her tutorial:
After watching her tutorials, I immediately went to my stash of craft supplies and grabbed a paper bag that I had on hand. (I used a yellow bag rather than a kraft one like she uses in the tutorial). Here is my version of the paper bag card:


Not to toot my own horn, but I think it turned out pretty stinkin' cute - hee! hee! My mental wheels are turning...wouldn't it be cute to use red or green paper bags and coordinating papers to create Christmas cards??? You could leave the end of the bag open and slide in a Christmas family newsletter and then add a photo to the left side of the inside of the card; stamping a holiday sentiment on the right side of the inside of the card and then add your family signature(s).

On a final note, Aaron is giving away some cool blog candy too...all you have to do enter is make a paper bag card, post it on your blog, and then leave a comment on her blog, along with the link to your paper bag card post. The contest ends at noon tomorrow, so why not enter your creation and have a shot at winning some blog candy too??

Have a blessed day!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.