Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Recipe of the Week: Heroin Chicken



Justin recently sent me a text message stating that he had just eaten the BEST chicken EVER at the home of his "other mother", Pam Norwood. (Pam is the momma of Justin's best bud, David.) Justin got the recipe from Pam for me, so I knew that I needed to give it a try! Well let me say, Justin was right-as-rain...this chicken is soooooo goooood!! The recipe calls for chicken wings, but I used chicken tenders instead. (I shared this recipe with my friend and co-worker Mindy A. who used pork chops instead of chicken, and said they turned out delicious too!) Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 4 lbs. chicken wings (I used chicken tenders)
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 Tbsp. dried parsley
  • 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
  • 2 tsp. paprika
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 cup butter
Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If using wings, cut into drumsticks, saving the pointy tips. (Not sure what to do with those wingtips? Freeze them for soup - they make great broth!)

Combine the Parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl. Line a shallow baking pan with foil. (Do not omit this step, or you'll still be scrubbing the pan a week later!)

Melt the butter in a shallow bowl or pan. Dip each piece of chicken in butter, roll in the cheese and seasoning mixture, and arrange in the foil-lined pan.

Bake for 1 hour - and then kick yourself for not having made a double recipe!!

Have a great day!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. The Bear makes this, but also sometimes adds breadcrumbs for a little texture. Good stuff Maynard...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, John!! I'll have to toss some breadcrumbs into the coating mix the next time I make this...thanks for the tip! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.