Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Wonder of Washi Tape


Good morning! The teachers officially return to work at my school today, so it will be a super busy day charged with lots of great energy and excitement! Many of them have been at the school for the past couple of weeks getting their new classrooms ready for the kiddos return next Tuesday. Our theme for this year is "Saddle Up For Success", so the western/cowboy decorations all around our school and classrooms are so awesome!

Even though it will be a crazy busy day, I wanted to take a minute to show you a couple of cute desk accessories that I "made-over" using Washi tape. I started out with a couple of freebies that I got at a back-to-school meeting last year. (Many businesses and colleges in our area hand out goodies to the teachers and staff during these meetings.) Shown below are a notebook and pen and a post-it note/post-it flag notebook that I received last year:


I thought they were pretty blah, so I fixed them up by simply covering them with Washi tape. I also added a stitched "B" monogram button to the front of each of them. I found these pin buttons on clearance at Hobby Lobby for only $.35 each. I removed the pins from the backs and then glued the buttons to the fronts of these notebooks:


I love how they turned out! They look great at work sitting alongside the daily planner that I made-over a couple of weeks ago. (Click HERE to see that post.)

Have a SUPER day and thanks for dropping by!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.