Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cute Little Box for a Crafty Little Friend

My fun friend Megan F. has an adorable little girl named Heather who LOOOVES to craft almost as much as I do! Heather is in the 3rd grade at the school where I work, and it totally makes my day each morning when she drops by my office to say "Hi!" to me!

Anyhoo...last week she mentioned to me that she would like to make some bookmarks, so I decided to get her all set up by making a cute crafting box to hold her craft supplies:


Here's how I made it:

I started with a white recipe box that I purchased a while back from CTMH. I measured and cut bright, cheerful paper to fit the box and lid:


Using Zig 2-way liquid glue I attached the paper to the box...I even added paper to the inside lid flap to give the box a finished look:





Using my Crop-A-Dile, I punched a hole on each side of the box so that I could thread some jute rope through to fashion a handle. I tied a knot on each end of the rope to keep it in place:




Next I went to work personalizing the box for Heather by adding a name block to the top of the lid:


The plain rope handle was fine, but I decided that a "foofy" handle would be even better for Heather!! That led me to tear coordinating fabric strips and tie them to the rope handle, which formed this fun accent for the craft box:


The box was finished off by adding a glittery pink heart accent to the front flap; some coordinating variegated ric-rac and a piece of Velcro to keep it all contained:


I then filled the box with some fun craft goodies for Heather...blank bookmarks tied up with ribbons and charms, pre-cut 3"x3" cards, stickers, mini ink pads, a mini stamp set and a 1"x1" acrylic block:


TADAH! Here's another photo of the finished box:


I gave the box of goodies to Heather on Monday and she LOVED it!! She even made me a sweet little thank you card with some of the craft supplies from the box, and I have it proudly displayed on my desk at work! :)

Wishing you a blessed day and a fun and safe weekend ahead!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What a darling and thoughtful gift! Love the foofy handle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl! Heather LOVED it...was so cute to see the surprised look on her face when I gave it to her. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.