Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Good Reads: "The Wild Queen" and "The Other Queen"

Hi, friends! As many of you know, I really enjoy reading historical fiction, particularly royal historical fiction. One of my favorite writers is Philippa Gregory. (NOTE: If you've ever watched the movie "The Other Boleyn Girl", then you will know who Philippa Gregory is...she wrote the book that the movie was based on.)

Anyhoo...I've been reading several of her books lately, one of them being "The Other Queen" which is based on the life of Mary, Queen of Scots. Before I read "The Other Queen", though, I read "The Wild Queen" by Carolyn Meyer, who is a great, young adult author of historical fiction. When I started reading "The Other Queen" I realized how glad that I was that I'd read "The Wild Queen" first! "The Wild Queen" goes through the childhood years of Mary Stuart, where "The Other Queen" focuses more on her adult life. I believe that I would have been amiss on details of her life if I hadn't read Carolyn Meyer's book first, and I really think that these two books work well together even though they are written by different authors.

If you love historical fiction as well, I highly recommend these books and authors to you! Let me know what you think if you read them!



Have a SUPER day!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.