Monday, November 9, 2015

Country-Style Towel Holder

Happy Monday, friends! This weekend I worked on a project for my pal Robbi R., and it turned out so cute that I just had to share it with you!


A while back Robbi purchased a rustic, country towel holder that was made from an old cutting board and a pastry blender. She showed it to me and told me that she was planning on giving it to her oldest daughter for Christmas. I mentioned to her that I thought it would be really cute to attach a handwritten recipe card to the upper portion of the cutting board, and that using one of her mom's handwritten recipes would be a nice touch! She agreed, and I offered to add this embellishment to the gift for her.

First off I scanned the original recipe card, printed it onto cardstock and cut it out. I then used a fun, vintage looking piece of scrapbook paper and coordinating cardstock to mat the recipe onto:




Using Mod Podge, I carefully adhered each layer of the mats and recipe card to one another:


I then used Mod Podge to attach the matted recipe card to the cutting board. I really love how cute this turned out, and now I am on the lookout for an old cutting board an pastry blender so that I can make one of these for myself!


Thanks for dropping by my blog today! Wishing you a SUPER week ahead!

Blessings,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.