Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Recipe of the Week: Happy Harvest Snack Mix

Good morning! As you know, I love to make little treats to give to my friends and co-workers. Last week I whipped up a batch of Happy Harvest Snack Mix for them, and I put it in cute little handled jars with a pumpkin decal that I found at Dollar General. (I purchased the white plastic lids at Wal-Mart in the canning section.)


It is SUPER YUMMY, and was a hit with all of my peeps! Since this is a snack that both kids and adults love, I thought you might like the recipe to make some too!

INGREDIENTS:

  • Half of a box of Crispix cereal
  • 3 cups pretzels
  • 1 1/2 cups salted, dry roasted peanuts
  • 2 cups Reese's pieces
  • 2 cups candy corn
  • 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
METHOD:
Place parchment paper in the bottom of a large baking sheet/jelly roll pan. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. 

Place cereal, pretzels and peanuts in a large bowl and drizzle with melted butter, tossing ingredients to coat. In a separate bowl, stir together brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the cereal mix. Lightly toss mixture again to coat. Pour onto the parchment lined pan, and spread evenly. Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes and set mix aside to cool. 

Once mixture has cooled, pour back into the large mixing bowl; add Reese's pieces and candy corn, and lightly toss to combine. Scoop mixture into jars or bags for individual servings, or place it all into a tightly sealed bowl and enjoy!

Here's a photo of 4 of the jars that I put together and tucked into a cute little basket to give to our family friends, The Fitzpatrick's:



Do something nice for someone this week, and reap the blessings of showing kindness! :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.