Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Recipe of the Week..."Crispy Oven Fried Chicken"


When I was in high school I worked in the housekeeping department of the small, rural hospital in my hometown. My lunch or dinner breaks were at the same time as the kitchen staff, so I gleaned a lot of cooking tips and recipes from those gals! The recipe that I'm sharing with you this week, "Crispy Oven Fried Chicken", is one of the recipes that I got while working there. It's one of my family's favorites, so hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Ingredients:
  • 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups instant potato flakes
  • 1 Tablespoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray jelly roll pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. In a large Zip-Loc bag combine instant potato flakes, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Crack eggs into a shallow dish or pie plate and beat.

Cut chicken breasts in half vertically; and then slice each breast in half horizontally, which will give you 8 pieces of meat that will cook quickly and evenly. Coat both sides of each piece of meat with the beaten eggs; place into the Zip-Loc bag with dry ingredients and shake until well covered. Place meat on prepared jelly roll pan and put pan in oven. Bake for 15 minutes; turn meat over and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until coating is golden brown and the center of chicken is done.

If desired, serve with mashed potatoes, cream gravy and a veggie on the side. Sooooo good!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I made the chicken this way when I made chicken parm. It was YUMMY!!! I think I'll come out your way and have dinner:)
    Alice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.