Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Valentine Scrapbook from 2007

With Valentine's day less than two weeks away, I thought I'd share with you the scrapbook that I made for my sweet hubby back in 2007. I surprised him with this little book, in lieu of a card, and he loved it! I stumbled across the scrapbook and pre-designed pages in a clearance bin, and upon spotting it I knew EXACTLY what I would do with it!

I started out by scanning several pictures that had been taken through the years of just Mike and me, and then changed all the photos to black and white for consistancy. I determined that the only colors that would be used in this album would be pink, red, tan, black and white, which would allow the album to flow and not detract from the photos that I added. I decided to use the poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning, "How Do I Love Thee", (which is one of my favorites!), as the journaling theme for the album. I broke the poem up into journaling strips - typed, printed and cut out the strips, matting each strip onto red cardstock. I attached red, heart shaped brads to the journaling strips and attached one to each page. I did include a tag on page one, where I wrote a little love note to my sweetie, and tucked it into the pocket on that page. I added some cute ribbon and a brass heart charm with the intials "M & B" to the top of the tag.

Here's the cover of the clearance bin album:


This is a small album, only 10 pages total....here are the pages:





















Why not surprise your sweetie with a quick little album in lieu of a card this Valentine's day?? I promise that he'll love it and will be so surprised that you took the time to make such a special keepsake for him!!

Happy Scrappin'!!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. HI Becky.. you won my CHA blog candy.. it's not the best lot to win.. but whatever you don't want or like just give away.. send me your address so I can get out your candy later this week.. when the weather permits! lol I am in Wisconsin.. snowed in! I just became a follower of your site.. & I love your valentine book

    ReplyDelete
  2. How SWEET! You've brought tears to my eyes!!!!
    Stay warm and safe with all that winter weather, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, how sweet!! And your such an adorable couple!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.