Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Engagement Shadow Box





Next month my lovely friend and co-worker Sarah G. will marry her sweetheart Daniel, so I made the shadow box shown above to commemmorate their upcoming special day. Using the wedding invitation as the main focus of the shadow box, (I blurred out the vital invitation info for this post to protect their privacy), I added some nice rustic touches like the burlap, lace and aged paper flowers to coordinate with the barn wood frame of the shadow box. I then cut one of her engagement photos into an oval and double matted it on coordinating cardstock. (By the way, it was reeeeeally hard to decide which of the engagement photos of Sarah and Daniel to use for this project...all of the photos were so beautiful!) I tucked a little metal tag that says "A Perfect Moment" in the corner of the photo, and then covered a wooden letter "P" with coordinating printed paper; sanding and inking the edges for a distressed antique look. By wrapping a piece of hemp twine around the "P", I was able to attach a cute little silver tag that said "Cherish". Here's a close-up view of those elements:


I am so pleased at how the shadow box turned out, and Sarah loved it! I will definitely be making more shadow box creations, because this one was so much fun to make!

Wishing you a blessed day!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Becky,
    This is just beautiful! The flowers, the burlap, the lace....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo pretty! What a fabulous gift!I love the 'P' and what you did with the burlap (folding it over and the brads!), what a unique look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What size box is this? I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.