Monday, April 7, 2014

It's Spring and My Fancy Has Turned to Flowers!

Good morning! I haven't done too much crafting because I've been digging in the dirt! With the beautiful sun shining and warmer temps, my attention has turned to working on my flower beds. In my front flower beds I've got daffodils blooming:


My sweetie planted another apple tree for me in our back yard to cross-pollinate with the one that he planted last year...can't wait until I can start harvesting apples from my very own trees!


In my spare time, (usually on the weekend or after work), I'll stop by Lowe's to pick up a few more flowers and plants to add to my beds and planters. Here's a pic of some of my "gardening loot" after a recent trip to Lowe's:


My father-in-law, who does wood-working as a hobby, made this terrific cedar picket fence planter for me. I filled the top of it with ivy and geraniums; adding some fun doo-dads on the bottom shelf:


Lastly, I added some fun garden art to an area right off of my patio. I bought the old water pump at a local antique shop; along with the pail and shovel. (The bird house is a great find that I picked up at Affair of the Heart; and I scored the old wagon wheel at the Tulsa Flea Market.) I planted white wave petunias in the pail to give the effect of water spilling out of it. I really love how this little arrangement turned out!


I've got more garden projects in the works, so check back soon to see what else I've been up to!

Thanks so much for dropping by today! I hope that the weather is sunny and warm in your area...if so, get outside and plant something pretty! :)

Blessings,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.