Monday, April 14, 2014

Just a Few Little Projects...

Happy Monday! My hubby, son and father-in-law were on their annual spring camping trip in the Kiamichi Mountains over the weekend, so I just enjoyed some quiet time piddlin' around the house. The weather was really nice on Saturday, so I spent more time working in my flower beds.

A while back while I was at a local antique store I came across an enamel tub from an old washing machine. It was only $10.00, so I hauled it home knowing that I could turn it into a planter for my backyard. My hubs had doubts that I could actually turn it into something that looked good, but I'm REALLY pleased at how it turned out:


When sweetie got home from his camping trip, he was pleasantly surprised at how great this trash-to-treasure project turned out! I decided that an "I told ya so" was in order for him - ha! ;)

Now on to a project that I made for my sweet friend Sarah E., who moved into a new home last week. I think front doors should be adorned with a pretty, seasonal wreath, so I made this lovely for her:


I love making wreaths...it's amazing how nice they can make a front porch look!

Last but not least, I want to send a VERY happy birthday shout-out to my dear friend Linda H., who will celebrate a birthday tomorrow! I made this card for her and will pop it in the mail this morning:



Be sure to drop back by my blog in a couple of days. I'll be sharing a pattern and tutorial for a quick and cute Easter project that is perfect to tuck into the Easter basket of your favorite little one!

Have a happy day!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.