Monday, December 8, 2014

Recipe of the Week: Cinnamon and Applesauce Ornaments

Happy Monday! I had a wonderfully productive and fun weekend! I got a lot of little projects tackled around my house and I got to spend Saturday afternoon with my favorite 4th grade girl, Heather F. (Heather is the youngest daughter of my friend Megan; and the little sister of my son's girlfriend, Hailee.) We made Christmas gifts for her family, baked up some cinnamon applesauce ornaments, drank spiced cider and played several games of a card game called Rack-O...and yes, Heather beat me fair-and-square at most of those games - lol!



These ornaments smell absolutely wonderful!! Here's how we made them:

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup applesauce
Method:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Combine cinnamon and applesauce, stirring until it makes a sticky dough. Sandwich half of the dough mixture between 2 sheets of waxed paper and roll out to about 1/4" thickness. Cut shapes out with a cookie cutter and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Using a wooden skewer, poke a hole at the top of each ornament to create a hole for hanging. Bake at 200 degrees for 2 hours. Allow to cool and then tie a ribbon through the hole of each ornament and hang on your Christmas tree. At the end of the season, store ornaments in an airtight container or a plastic Zip-Loc bag and they will retain their yummy smell for many years to come.

Have a blessed week!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.