Monday, December 22, 2014

Personalized Food Carrier Tutorial

Good morning! Every year at this time my sweet hubby bakes his INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS chocolate chip cookies to share with family and friends. (Click HERE for his recipe.) Everyone looks forward to receiving his cookies, so for our friends the Milligan's and the Fitzpatrick's I decided to create personalized food carriers to present to them with his cookies:


These turned out so cute that I knew you'd want to know how I made them, so I decided to make a tutorial for you! Let's get started:

I purchased some clear, plastic, rectangular containers with handles at my local Dollar General store. (You can find these at about any department store in the home-wares section.)



After removing the labels, I hand-washed the containers in warm, soapy water and then thoroughly dried them. Using my computer, I found a nice font that I liked, sized it to fit across the top of the lid, and then printed the last name of the recipient:


Using Scotch tape, I centered the name on the inside of the lid and taped it down to temporarily hold it in place as a guide:



I bought a couple of black paint pens at Hobby Lobby to personalize the carriers. The paint can be used on any surface, is permanent and washable too, so I knew it would be perfect for this project!


Using the pattern that I taped to the lid as a guide, I traced the lettering with the paint pens. I then used a transparency from the CTMH "Playful Flourishes" stamp set as a guide to create swirly borders above and below the name.


By taping the transparency to the underside of the lid, I was able to use the flourish that I selected as a guide to trace with the paint pen. I just flipped/moved the transparency to create a mirror-reverse image for the border on each side of the lid:


After the paint had dried, I filled the containers with Mike's cookies and tied big red bows on the handles before giving them to the Milligan's and the Fitzpatrick's. Here's another look at the finished project...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how these turned out!! I'm definitely going to have to make one for myself too!!



If you're planning on giving away some yummy baked goodies, this is a great way to present your treats! You could any size/shape of storage container, and the recipient would be able to use the container long after your baked goodies have been gobbled up! :)

Wishing you a wonderful week as we prepare to celebrate Christmas!

Sending warm thoughts your way,

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.