Monday, April 13, 2015

I've Got Spring Fever!!!

Mornin' folks! Well, I have a MAJOR case of spring fever so I haven't spent much time indoors to craft. As I get home from work each afternoon my back yard is calling my name, so I change clothes and head outdoors! I've been pruning back old foliage, dividing and re-planting hostas, planting several flats of flowers, as well as tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and watermelon over the course of the past several days. My apple tree and blackberry vines are blooming, so I'm anxious for berries and apples to start appearing. Once my grass has greened up a bit more, (parts of it are still dormant), and my roses start blooming, I'll snap some pics to share with you.

For now, I thought I'd show you some pics of my back porch, which I cleaned and "cutsied-up" over the weekend. Mike and I spend a lot of time there during the spring, summer and fall, so I like to decorate it as an additional room of our house. (We ate breakfast there yesterday morning...it was so nice to enjoy blueberry muffins and coffee while hearing the birds sing!)

The first pic is of the double Adirondack chair and cedar picket planter that my father-in-law built for me. On the fence behind those are pots of pretty red geraniums, which are some of my favorite flowers! That spot gets lots of sun, and the geraniums love that!

The little table in front of the Adirondack chair was a leftover from a wood shop class from the intermediate high school where I used to work. The instructor was going to toss it out at the end of the school year, so I rescued it and brought it home to use on my back porch. The blue enamel bowl under the stool was a find that I discovered at an antique mall for $5.00. I loved that it had a bail handle, so I scooped it up and now it serves to keep canned pop cold when filled with ice.


I added some fun throw pillows to the furniture this year. I spotted these cute burlap pillows with the vintage bird applique and fabric rosettes on clearance at Stein-Mart for only $3.99 each! I bought 4 of them and they look adorable on my back porch!


Across from the double Adirondack chair is two single chairs that my father-in-law also built. Mike and I love sitting in this cozy nook and reading:


Between those chairs is a fun little red metal table that I picked up at the Tulsa Flea Market for the bargain price of $8.00. I love it and it's a perfect addition to the porch:


At the end of the porch I have a baker's rack with pots of flowers, a deserted bird nest that I found, a decorative log cabin style birdhouse, and a few other simple treasures. (The hummingbird feeder will be hung up and filled with nectar in a couple of weeks...it's a bit early here for humming birds.) I found the white enamel pot that is sitting on the top shelf at an antique store for $3.00, and it houses my gardening gloves, twine, etc.:


Thanks for dropping by today! I hope you have a great week and are able to get outside and enjoy the sunshine!

Blessings,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.