Saturday, January 29, 2011

Valentine Gift Bag and Card


I recently decorated a gift bag and card for Valentine's day using digital images from Glitterbabe's. Click HERE to go to her website/store to see the great images that she has for sale...she even has some free images for you to download!

The kraft bag was decorated with a piece of argyle scrapbook paper and a strip of black striped paper before adding the digital image embellishment, which is shown in larger detail in the photo below.

I printed the image and then colored in the hearts with a CTMH brush pen and cranberry ink. I stamped the word "LOVE" in the center of the heart and then sponged blush ink over the images; adding some sparkles to the image for a little bling pizazz! I cut the image out, using a Creative Memories circle cutter, and then cut out two corresponding layered mats, one in cranberry cardstock and one in black cardstock, and attached them all together. I added the lace to the outer edge of the black cardstock and then cut an additional black cardstock circle and adhered to the back of the embellishment to give it a nice, finished look. I attached the embellishment to the bag using 3-D dots to add a little dimension.


Next is a photo of the card that I created using a standard A2 card blank. I started by adhering a piece of black polka-dot paper to the front of the card. I printed off the digital image and colored it using a CTMH brush marker and cranberry, blush, bamboo and sunflower inks. I added some bling to the card as well...can a girl ever have too much bling??? I cut the image out with a Creative Memories oval cutter and matted it with a corresponding piece of cranberry cardstock. I applied a piece of grosgrain ribbon to the center of the card, and then added the digital image to the middle using 3-D dots.


Thanks for looking!! Have a blessed day!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love the adorable images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The images look great and I love how you added the lace!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.