Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Shopping Fun!

The Affair of the Heart Craft Show was in Tulsa last weekend, so my best bud Jamie and I spent a fun day shopping! Here are a few of the cute things that I purchased:

A bushel basket with an adorable snowman painted on it...which was a STEAL at only $12.95!! I'm going to tuck some wrapped Christmas presents into it as part of my Christmas decorating.


Here is the decorated antique sled that I purchased...I have decided to use it in lieu of a Christmas tree this year! I'm going place a Christmas quilt at it's base, (kinda like a tree skirt), and attach some clear lights to the garland and wooden star. The snowman bushel basket, full of wrapped gifts, will sit next to it along with some of my stuffed snowman decorations. I thought this would be a fun and unique alternative to a tree this year!


One of the vendors had a booth where they created custom framed monograms on glass and I instantly fell in love with them, so I just had to have one for our home:


I did a little Christmas shopping too! I purchased these adorable travel art boxes for my great nephew and great niece, (Ian & Kayle Ann), for Christmas. One side is a chalk board, the back is a dry erase board, and the inside holds chalk, markers, stickers, snacks, crayons, coloring books, etc. Pretty cool, eh?? I thought these would be great to take to church to quietly entertain them during the sermons.

Here's a closed view:


Here's an open view:


Lastly, I bought this Broken Arrow Tigers necklace to wear to work each Friday for "Spirit Jeans Day"...GO TIGERS!!


Thanks for letting me share my great craft show finds with you!! Jamie and I are looking forward to going to the next show in July 2012!!

Have a blessed day,

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Great buys!! I escpecially LOVE the sleigh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of those chalkboard/dry erase cases from when I was younger(that look exactly the same)....I should get it from my moms, Sadie would love it! They are great for distracting little ones, not to mention boost their creative minds :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.