Monday, February 18, 2013

Recipe of the Week: Lemon Custard Pie




Good morning! Last week I made a lemon custard pie and took a few pieces to work to share with my co-workers. They loved it, so I promised that I would share my recipe!

Ingredients:
  • 5 or 6 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups 1% milk
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice or orange juice
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
  • 9" unbaked pie crust
Method:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large mixing bowl beat together eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt and nutmeg. Gradually add juice and milk to mixture. Carefully pour into unbaked pie crust. Bake for 10 minutes then reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 30 minutes. (The pie is done when a butter knife that has been inserted into the center of the pie comes out clean.) Your pie filling will be really fluffy, almost like a souffle, but will shrink some once it's removed from the oven to cool. Once pie has cooled, carefully slice and serve with a side of fruit and whipped cream if desired. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

Wishing you a blessed week!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I L O V E custard pies. Looks like I'm going to have to drag out the ol' rolling pin. Thanks for sharing, Becky.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.