Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Recipe of the Week: Leftover Pot Roast Stew




One of the things that I love most about winter is having soup for supper. I know that sounds kinda silly, but I am a very simplistic girl at heart, and a crockpot full of soup or stew waiting for my family when we come home from work on a cold winter night just makes this girl's heart happy!

The recipe that I am sharing with you this week is just a simple stew made from leftover pot roast. This is how my mom always made stew for us when I was a kid at home, and well, I have just always made my  beef stew the same way! It's so tasty and easy to make, and it's a great way to use up the left over pot roast that was served a couple of days before.

Ingredients:
  • Leftover pot roast, cut into small chunks (click HERE for my pot roast recipe)
  • The juices from the pot roast (my grandma and mom called this "pot liquor")
  • 29 oz. can of Veg-All
  • 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
  • 1/2 to 3/4 of the tomato sauce can of water
  • 1 package dry brown gravy mix
  • Seasonings to your taste: I use onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper
Method:
Combine all ingredients in a large crockpot. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours. Serve with crackers and slices of cheddar cheese, if desired.

NOTE: Sometimes I throw a handful of dried barley into the beef stew mixture as well. So if you like barley, it's a nice addition to the stew.

Enjoy and stay warm!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.